My name is Oscar Swanros, an iOS Developer in Mexico. I’m currently working with the iOS Engineering Team at PSPDFKit, where we create the most advanced PDF framework for iOS, Android and the Web. I love to write iOS apps, design UIs, listen to good music — sometimes all three at the same time.
Here’s a brief overview of who I am:
- I’m 25 years old and have been doing iOS development for the past 7 years.
- Objective-C, Objective-C++, and Swift are the programming languages I use every day to do my job.
- Doing web development is something I’ve been interested in but haven’t been able to deep dive into.
- Functional programming caught my eye when Swift first came out, and decided to explore it a bit.
- Ultimately, I discovered Elixir and stuck with it; have been using it for simple projects for about 3 years, mainly with the Phoenix framework.
- I’ve been working remotely for the past 6 years, and the ability to do so is primal for me to even consider a job offer.
- Speaking at conferences/meetups, dogs, teaching, and music are my passions.