My name is Oscar Swanros, a Sr. iOS Developer in Mexico. I’m currently working with the iOS Engineering Team at PSPDFKit, where we create the most advanced PDF framework for iOS, Android and the Web. I love to write iOS apps, design UIs, listen to good music — sometimes all three at the same time.
Here’s a brief overview of who I am:
- I’m 24 years old and have been doing iOS development for the past 7 years.
- Objective-C, Objective-C++, and Swift are the programming languages I use every day to do my job.
- Doing web development is something I’ve been interested in but haven’t been able to deep dive into.
- Functional programming caught my eye when Swift first came out, and decided to explore it a bit.
- Ultimately, I discovered Elixir and stuck with it; have been using it for simple projects for about 2 years, mainly with the Phoenix framework.
- I’ve been working remotely for the past 5 years, and the ability to do so is primal for me to even consider a job offer.
- Speaking at conferences/meetups, dogs, teaching, and music are my passions.